UroLift® Center of Excellence Urologist
JEFFREY C. TOUBIN, MD, FACS
Performing the Breakthrough Treatment for Prostate Enlargement
Recognized for Exemplary Care in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area
Jeffrey C. Toubin, MD, FACS, is a board-certified urologist practicing in Dallas with Texas Urology Specialists. Dr. Toubin has been designated as a UroLift® Center of Excellence Physician recognizing his exemplary care and his extensive training and experience with the UroLift® System, technology that includes permanent implants for men suffering from benign prostatic hyperplasia or “BPH.” He is the first in North Texas to help more than 300 patients with this successful treatment for BPH.
Minimally Invasive Prostate Enlargement Treatment
“The UroLift® System is a breakthrough minimally invasive treatment that typically takes less than an hour and can offer multiple benefits for men with prostate enlargement.
- Minimal downtime
- No compromise of sexual function
- No need for continued medications
- No cutting, heating or removal of tissue
Jeffrey C. Toubin, MD, FACS
“I am proud to offer our patients this durable and effective treatment."
- Dr. Jeffrey C. Toubin
Dr. Toubin’s clinical focus also includes genitourinary cancer, endourology, benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH), urinary incontinence, urinary stone disease and erectile dysfunction.
- Residencies in Urology and General Surgery, University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinics, Minneapolis, MN, 1999
- Internship, University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinics, Minneapolis, MN, 1994
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, 1993
- Undergraduate Degree, Southwestern University, Georgetown, TX, 1988
- UroLift® Center of Excellence Physician, 2017
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification, PrimeSUITE EHR, 2013
- Fellow, Urological Surgery, American College of Surgeons (FACS), 2002
- Certification in Urology, American Board of Urology, 2001
- Texas State Medical License, 1995 - present
- Member, American Board of Urology
- Fellow, Urological Surgery, American College of Surgeons
- Member, North Texas Chapter of the American College of Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Clinical Urologists
- Member, American Urological Association
- Member, South Central Section of American Urological Association
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Texas Medical Association
- Member, Dallas County Medical Society
- Methodist Dallas Medical Center, Dallas, TX
D Healthcare Daily, November 2017
Methodist Dallas Paves the Way with Alternative Prostate Procedure 1
11/29/2017 by Glenn Hunter
A physician with Methodist Dallas Medical Center has become the first in North Texas to help more than 150 patients with a breakthrough treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH. Dr. Jeffrey Toubin, a urologist on the hospital’s staff, was named a “Center of Excellence [Physician]” - denoting a focused area of comprehensive expertise - for performing more UroLift® System procedures on men with BPH than any other doctor in Dallas-Fort Worth.
The UroLift® System is a minimally invasive procedure to treat BPH, a condition that occurs when the prostate gland surrounding the male urethra becomes enlarged with advancing age and starts to obstruct the urinary system. Although medication is often the first-line therapy for enlarged prostate, relief can be inadequate and temporary and trigger a number of side effects, causing patients to stop taking the drugs.
For these men, surgery that cuts, heats, or removes prostate tissue that’s blocking the urethra is often the first alternative. While surgery can be effective, it also can leave patients with permanent side effects that the UroLift® System does not. In general, the UroLift® procedure involves the introduction of tiny implants that hold the prostate lobes apart to relieve compression on the urethra.
"The UroLift® System is a breakthrough treatment that typically takes less than an hour and can offer multiple benefits for men with enlarged prostate … ” Toubin said in a news release.